2016 Stat Summary
* It was another excellent fishing year on Lac Seul, with great production for both size and volume for all three of our target species.
* Ice out was May 5 this past year, but the weather was significantly variable throughout the fishing season. Total walleye numbers were down from last year’s historic high, due in large part to the volatile weather. The constantly changing weather patterns scattered the walleyes across the lake and throughout the water column. The big fish numbers remained relatively steady with 666 walleyes over 27 in. and 63 over 29.
* Smallmouth bass numbers were very good. June was once again the peak and we finished the year with 124 bass over 19 in.
* The lodge record Northern Pike was broken again in 2016 with a massive 47.5 in. monster. Total pike and big fish numbers were good, despite the fact that spring and fall weather patterns were tough for our guests targeting trophy class fish.
* Overall, it was another outstanding fishing season at the Wheel. A few of the traditional classic walleye bites did not come together, because of the weather. We made up for them by finding and developing bites in new locations for the 2016 season.