2018 Stat Summary
* Stats analysis for the 2018 season showed a significant increase in overall numbers and top end size for walleyes. We caught and released more walleyes over 29 inches (79 total) than we have seen in the past several seasons.
* The top end for walleye production was impressive. With 26 walleyes over 30 in., we more than doubled our average for the previous 5 seasons.
* The ice out in 2018 was May 15. It was followed by an instantaneous summer. The fast transition resulted in stronger May walleye numbers, but we missed out on most of the spring big pike bite.
* Bass and pike numbers remained strong throughout the season.
* Overall, it was another outstanding fishing season at the Wheel.